Pre-Sale Document Check-Up
Pre-flight sales check, making sure your Costa Blanca property sale takes off on time
SPAIN IS PERHAPS unfairly notable for its affection of meticulous and often perplexing paperwork, but when it comes to selling your home in Spain it´s exceptionally important that you´re well-prepared.
Documentation is one of the first things you should consider as soon as you´ve decided to sell your property in Spain - even before you approach an estate agent.
You´ll need to provide your estate agent with some documents at the very beginning of the sales process, and making sure you have all the correct paperwork you´ll need to sell your home today will save you time and unnecessary complications as you near completion.
Inadequate preparation, and failing to ensure you have everything you need in place can lead to long delays and risks losing the interest of potential buyers.
That´s why our professional conveyancing team offer a Pre-Sale Document Check-Up service for your property before you sell your home.
Peace-of-mind for property sellers and homeowners in Spain
A form of "legal survey", the check-up ensures that your documentation is thoroughly prepared for the rigours of the Spanish property market. Our service includes ...
- Ensuring the Escritura de Compraventa is on-hand and correct
- Provide a Nota Simple with the most up-to-date information
- Check the proof of identity documents comply with legislation requirements
- Apply for documents relating to your mortgage (or past mortgages)
- Regularise any issues with SUMA or your IBI tax bills
- Apply for a Spanish Energy Efficiency Certificate (EPC) if needed
- Request a Certificado de Comunidad from the community administrator
- Regularise works and previously added extensions or building modifications
- Apply for a Licencia de Segunda Ocupación from the Town Hall
- Check and provide copies of paid water and electricity bills
Our comprehensive Pre-Sale Document Check-Up is part of our suite of services for local property vendors on the Orihuela Costa, and our service is available for homeowners and prospective sellers throughout the Costa Blanca region.